LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone have a chameleon ??
05-16-2014, 03:03 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
Does anyone have a chameleon ??
When I was around 8-9, I had a chameleon for a while. It was only about 4-5" long, and he ate ugly little grubs that we had to buy from the pet store. I think he also caught bugs like spiders and flies when they came close enough for him to catch. I didn't keep him in a cage; but he liked our lace curtains in the living room, and he was always hanging around on the curtain somewhere. He was not hard to catch, and I enjoyed watching him change color when I would set him on different colored objects.
I haven't seen any in a pet store for years and years; so I don't know if they even still sell chameleons as pets anymore. Has anyone else had one of these interesting little lizards ??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2014, 02:29 AM,
evelynmcgregor Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Does anyone have a chameleon ??
I had chamelions (aloes, I think is their actual name) when I was growing up as did my children. We did not let them roam as our cats would have loved making a meal of them. They were kept in a 10 gal aquarium with a wire lid and decorated with branches, artificial ivy and rocks. We fed the small crickets that were purchased at a pet store. We always enjoyed watching them and they provided hours of entertainment.
05-15-2015, 06:50 AM,
sadie Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
RE: Does anyone have a chameleon ??
I actually used to breed them. At one point I had three adults one of which had just laid 22 eggs. It was quite an experience hatching them. They were so adorable. Unfortunately, we had an ice storm and lost our power. We had a few fatalities moving them from here to a family members home that had power. Overall a great pleasure raising them, incredible animals!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  chameleon pics! amanda509 9 4,913 02-09-2013, 02:10 AM
Last Post: 4sweed
  chameleon and baby sped update!! amanda509 3 3,213 10-01-2012, 02:03 AM
Last Post: amanda509