Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
columbian tegu
11-30-2012, 04:12 PM,
angelialb31205 Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
columbian tegu
I just recently got a new addition to my house, a columbian tegu she is really sweet ... she is grown tho and I was wndering if there was a way to guess her age? I think she is about 2 yrs old but id like to try find out cause I don't want to lose my new baby
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2012, 01:06 AM,
amanda509 Offline

Threads: 56
RE: columbian tegu
(11-30-2012, 04:12 PM)angelialb31205 Wrote: I just recently got a new addition to my house, a columbian tegu she is really sweet ... she is grown tho and I was wndering if there was a way to guess her age? I think she is about 2 yrs old but id like to try find out cause I don't want to lose my new baby

there really is no way to tell because every tegu grows at a different rate depending on it's genes and its husbandry. plus, once they reach full adult size, they stop growing completely so in theory a 5 year old tegu is the same length and weight as an 8 year old tegu.
12-03-2012, 05:34 PM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
Manda is right on there. There is really no way to get an acurate age on an animal like that. You can look at her teeth, if they are worn, she i probably older, etc...

And BTW, I'm glad you like her Smile I think are completely under appreciated as pets. I love my girl... Do you have any pictures?
12-13-2012, 01:35 PM,
amanda509 Offline

Threads: 56
(12-03-2012, 05:34 PM)Fishbone Wrote: Manda is right on there. There is really no way to get an acurate age on an animal like that. You can look at her teeth, if they are worn, she i probably older, etc...

And BTW, I'm glad you like her Smile I think are completely under appreciated as pets. I love my girl... Do you have any pictures?

if i had the room, id totally have one! its only a few short months before i should be able to open shop! a friend of mine has one and she is huge!! and amazing!! and she doesnt like me because i smell like cat >.> but thats okay...if i wasnt afraid of having my face bit off, id totally give her a kiss!
12-19-2012, 05:44 AM,
SereneScales Offline

Threads: 2
I'm gonna second what Fishbone said, other than looking at it's teeth to get a rough estimate there really isn't a way. They are some long lived animals though, so I doubt you have much to worry about. Unless it's been powerfed, which honestly can only marginally effect it's expected lifespan. Not really much to worry about.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nereida, my Columbian Tegu Fishbone 13 5,885 06-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Fishbone