LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The protective equipement of rollerskating
12-06-2012, 11:52 PM,
Monica9975 Offline

Threads: 8
The protective equipement of rollerskating
Discuss how well reasoned you find this argument. Is the conclusion right or not? Why?

Hospital statistics regarding people who go to the emergency room after rollerskating accidents indicate the need for more protective equipment. Within this group of people, 75 percent of those who had accidents in streets or parking lots were not wearing any protective clothing (helmets, knee pads, etc.) or any light-reflecting material (clip-on lights, glow-in-the-dark wrist pads, etc.). Clearly, these statistics indicate that by in investing in high-quality protective gear and reflective equipment, rollerskaters will greatly reduce their risk of being severely injured in an accident.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 01:14 AM,
JaimieSkye Offline

Threads: 10
RE: The protective equipement of rollerskating
I have a 24 year old daughter who participates in roller derby. She is a huge advocate of protective gear. Even if she is just skating on the back streets in our small town, she puts on her full gear, which includes her fluorescent helmet. I would never let my girls skate outside without their protective gear. Accidents happen way too fast and can change a life in a moments notice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply