LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching over
08-27-2016, 01:51 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: Switching over
Over the years, I have had a wide variety of pets, including the usual dogs and cats, rabbits and goldfish; but I have also had different larger animals, such as horses, cows and even llamas.
Most of the larger livestock are in kind of an area where they are not the same as just having some livestock that you raise for food, but neither are they the same as having a dog or cat for a pet, since the interaction is limited.
I have had horses that I really loved, and loved them as much as any dog that I have owned; but even so, it is a totally different relationship. When you have a horse, it is for a purpose (usually to ride them), whereas a cat or dog, for the most part, is simply there to be our pet.
True, some dogs are trained for other purposes, such as herding sheep or cattle; but those are then considered to be working dogs, and not just a house pet.
As far as having birds or lizards, I really have never been attached to anything except a mammal pet. The others are not really able to bond with you like your dog or cat will do, although many of them will learn to come when you are feeding them.
Now, I have two little dogs, and that is all of the pets that I want any more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Switching over - by remnant - 08-05-2016, 10:12 PM
RE: Switching over - by CatCuddler57 - 08-23-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: Switching over - by Novelangel - 08-26-2016, 05:54 AM
RE: Switching over - by maxen57 - 08-26-2016, 01:41 PM
RE: Switching over - by Happyflowerlady - 08-27-2016, 01:51 AM