LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parvo Vaccination is Important
03-20-2015, 01:27 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: Parvo Vaccination is Important
I have only had one puppy that got parvo, and it was a tiny Yorkie that I purchased, and this puppy had been given all of the necessary shots for parvo. When he got sick and I took him to the vet, they tested him for parvo, and then told me that this was what was wrong with him, and that he would likely die from it, and that they could try and treat him if I wanted.
I told them that he had already had the vaccination for parvo, so he should not be able to catch the virus; but the vet said that the vaccination is useles most of the time, and the puppies can get parvo anyway. He said the best thing was for me to just have my puppy put to sleep right then; so that he did not suffer any more and die anyway.
It broke my heart to do this; but I did not want the poor little fellow to suffer any longer, especially if he was only going to die regardless; so I let the vet put him to sleep.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Parvo Vaccination is Important - by haopee - 03-04-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Parvo Vaccination is Important - by 4sweed - 03-08-2013, 08:44 AM
RE: Parvo Vaccination is Important - by trishgl - 03-17-2013, 06:32 AM
RE: Parvo Vaccination is Important - by Emily202 - 03-01-2015, 11:39 AM
RE: Parvo Vaccination is Important - by Happyflowerlady - 03-20-2015, 01:27 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vaccination: What, When, and How Often haopee 0 1,226 06-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Last Post: haopee