LoginRegister

Poll: Should Dolphins be considered a Non-Human Person ?
Dolphins are little people with fins !
Dolphins are wonderful, but just an animal.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins are going to be given special " Non-human Person" status
08-20-2013, 08:34 PM,
ReneLeBeau Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Dolphins are going to be given special " Non-human Person" status
I think that this is a bit silly. I, of course, 100% support the protection and rights of dolphins, but calling them "non-human persons" just makes a point that their lives are somehow more worthy that those of other animals. Rather than doing this, I would like to see humans reminded that we are just an animal species too. I would like to see all animals get more rights. Pigs and chickens are also highly intelligent animals, and the treatment they get is almost too horrible for words. It seems to me that the dolphins are getting better treatment simply because they're cuter and they don't have a big role in the food industry, since intelligence isn't the most valued trait even among humans.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dolphins are going to be given special " Non-human Person" status - by ReneLeBeau - 08-20-2013, 08:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can pets read human emotions? Ram 64 31,281 05-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Last Post: heavymetalkilos
  When the aliens see a human walking a dog in the park Ram 5 3,490 06-16-2013, 01:05 AM
Last Post: ReneLeBeau