LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm thinking of starting a cricket farm
04-06-2014, 02:59 PM,
Ofnir Offline

Threads: 7
I'm thinking of starting a cricket farm
No really, I've always loved bugs since I was a kid and I use to keep meal worms and crickets. My grandpa , rest his soul, would take me to the bait shop and buy them for me and I'd put them in aquariums with plenty of soil and a potato slice.

Recently I was doing research on the nutritional value of insects, which I've known about for awhile but I wanted further info. I can easily order crickets online, they reproduce very fast and I think it would just be so easy to keep em as snack food. There are so many yummy sounding recipes for crickets and they are quite easy to prepare and it seems like a switch to a "buggy" diet would be both economical and very interesting. I'm trying to convenience my family to join me but for now this is going to be a one-man experiment.

Crickets taste like sunflower and honestly I would LOVE to raise some giant water beetles, they are awesome bugs and they sound delicious. That would require a bigger commitment because I'd probably need a freshwater aquarium and other stuff.

I'll start small with crickets though and report back here with progress. Don't know when I'll order them. Interested if anyone else has tried raising amounts of bugs for food and yes I am being 100% serious.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I'm thinking of starting a cricket farm - by Ofnir - 04-06-2014, 02:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ant Farm laurasav 12 7,859 09-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Msmonkeyfeet