LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm thinking of starting a cricket farm
06-12-2016, 09:28 PM,
Novelangel Offline

Threads: 4
RE: I'm thinking of starting a cricket farm
Recently I accidentally chewed on a tiny beetle that apparently had perched unseen on the rim of my water glass. I tasted nothing but was alarmed, upon removal of the chewed item, to discover that it was indeed, a bug. I was disgusted, grossed out, and wanted to brush my teeth and wash my mouth out with soap. I didn't do that but that's just how disturbed I was by the idea that I had just removed an insect from my mouth. I can't for the life of me, imagine eating a bug on purpose. It would take an awful lot of starvation to get me to do so, and said bug would have to be charred to a crisp, I think. Even then, it would greatly disturb me to put such a thing in my mouth. I think, if I were THAT hungry, I would sooner catch, kill, clean and cook a mouse, reptile, or other small animal and leave the bugs alone. There. Rant over. Now, as for cricket farming... I had a skink once upon a time who loved crickets, so I started my own little farm. I put dirt in an aquarium, with rocks and stuff in the bottom, bought a bunch of crickets at a bait shop, (BAIT... that's what crickets are, NOT people food) and fed them gradually to my lizard. Eventually I would overturn a rock now and again and discover the cutest little baby crickets. I thought they were absolutely adorable but I knew then that I was on the right track and from that time on, I never again had to purchase crickets for my skink.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm thinking of starting a cricket farm - by Novelangel - 06-12-2016, 09:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ant Farm laurasav 12 7,878 09-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Msmonkeyfeet