LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you find where fleas are hiding?
05-12-2014, 10:20 AM,
RedOleander Offline

Threads: 1
RE: How do you find where fleas are hiding?
I wish I had some tips to share - that sounds absolutely awful! If the cat is an indoor cat, that leaves only two options. Either the source of the fleas is somewhere in the house, or the dog is bringing them inside and sharing. (How kind of the dog!)

My course of action would be to treat everything as if it were flea infested. I would start by cleaning EVERYTHING indoors. Shampoo the carpets and rugs, mop the floors, clean the upholstery, wash all the linens. I would also go ahead and dust and clean everything. I know that fleas aren't likely to live on the bottom shelf of my bookshelf, but I think it would give me peace of mind to know that I had cleaned it anyway. Next up would be to treat everything outdoors. I know that sounds like a total pain, but I can't think of another way to do it! As far as I know, no one has invented a flea detector. That might be a million dollar idea for your sister, though!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you find where fleas are hiding? - by RedOleander - 05-12-2014, 10:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Sol repels fleas, ticks, and other bugs Happyflowerlady 4 50,521 11-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Last Post: lexinonomous
  1 year old Jack Russell suddenly cowering and hiding Bumbleski 6 7,005 01-04-2014, 06:50 AM
Last Post: tierapatt50