LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you find where fleas are hiding?
05-15-2014, 02:18 AM,
MissWorkhorse6 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: How do you find where fleas are hiding?
Finding the root of where fleas are coming from can be a very difficult task. There are a few tricks you can do, if you feel you have an infestation. When I was a child, I had a cat, and when my mother thought she had fleas, she would always place a shallow bowl of water on the floor with a light above it. The fleas are attracted to the light, jump into the bowl, and drown. You can also use salt on your carpets, which dehydrates, and dries out the fleas. To use salt, obtain some highly refined household salt or sea salt. Make sure it is as finely ground as possible, almost to a powder consistency. Sprinkle it lightly but evenly over your carpet. Brush or rake it in. Leave this in your carpet for 12 to 48 hours, then vacuum thoroughly. For the animal, you can use apple cider vinegar. Pour 8 ounces of the apple cider vinegar into the spray bottle. Pour slowly so the vinegar does not spill. Add 4 ounces of warm water to the cider vinegar, followed by ½ tsp. salt and ½ tsp. baking soda. Close bottle lid and shake slowly. Don’t shake vigorously because you will cause the bottle to expand and possibly explode. Brush your pet well first with a brush and then with the flea comb to remove as many fleas manually. Spray your pet with cider vinegar mixture, starting around the tail area and working your way toward the front of your pet. I would recommend doing this in a well ventilated area, as the smell is quite unpleasant.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you find where fleas are hiding? - by MissWorkhorse6 - 05-15-2014, 02:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Sol repels fleas, ticks, and other bugs Happyflowerlady 4 50,468 11-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Last Post: lexinonomous
  1 year old Jack Russell suddenly cowering and hiding Bumbleski 6 6,994 01-04-2014, 06:50 AM
Last Post: tierapatt50