LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you find where fleas are hiding?
07-19-2014, 01:43 PM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: How do you find where fleas are hiding?
We haven't had a problem with fleas until just recently, and I think that with the summer weather, more fleas have come into the yard outside. I try to vacuum every day, and I also have been putting diatomaceous earth powder on the floor in the carpets, and some on their bedding. It is not harmful to dogs at all, but it has very tiny fossils which cut up the flea (or any other bug) and they die.
I ordered a container of it from Amazon, and then took a little plastic container and poked holes in the lid to make a shaker. That way, I can just go around and make a dusting on everything, and not get clumps here and there.
I also read that you can catch fleas with a plastic soda bottle and sugar water with yeast in it. I cut the top half of the bottle , added some warm water and a little yeast, and then put the top into the bottle and taped it together.
I put a paper towel around the bottle for the fleas to climb up, and taped that on as well. The fleas climb up the paper towel, go down inside the bottle neck, fall into the water and can't get back out. The smell from the fermenting sugar water attracts the bugs into the bottle.
It is easy to make, doesn't take up much room, and works really well. I am going to make another one or two and put in other areas of the house.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you find where fleas are hiding? - by Happyflowerlady - 07-19-2014, 01:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Sol repels fleas, ticks, and other bugs Happyflowerlady 4 50,518 11-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Last Post: lexinonomous
  1 year old Jack Russell suddenly cowering and hiding Bumbleski 6 7,003 01-04-2014, 06:50 AM
Last Post: tierapatt50