LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intelligence of Ravens
07-19-2014, 02:04 PM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: Intelligence of Ravens
What an awesome story, Judy ! ! I can just imagine that raven flying up to your trailer and hopping around on the roof to let you know that he was hungry and wanted you to feed him.
My ex-husband lived out in the country, and he had some chickens, and usually they would roost out in his open shop, and up in the rafters. They were part Banty, so they had no problems flying up that high to roost at night. In the mornings when he got up, he would throw them out some chicken scratch, or if he had bread scraps or something else they would eat, then he fed them that, too.
My daughter and I were flying out to her place in Virginia, and leaving my Mazda there while I was gone, so we spent the night in the travel trailer out back. Way early in the morning, that rooster started crowing, and when I looked, I could see that he was perched on an old metal chair back that was right outside my ex's bedroom window, and leaning as far towards that window as possible. That rooster was doing his best to wake up my ex, so he could have his breakfast ! !
I still don't know how he knew which window to crow next to though....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Intelligence of Ravens - by Happyflowerlady - 05-16-2014, 02:29 AM
RE: Intelligence of Ravens - by JudyCap - 07-18-2014, 03:08 AM
RE: Intelligence of Ravens - by Happyflowerlady - 07-19-2014, 02:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is it possible to keep crows/ravens as pets? Ofnir 1 2,693 04-16-2014, 06:51 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady