LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Poodle Warts"
07-21-2014, 01:58 PM,
JudyCap Offline

Threads: 3
"Poodle Warts"
I have a small dog, she is min pin/chiauha mix. Over a year ago, I noticed a lump on her back, it looked like a small growth, or what I call Poodle Warts. It seems like poodles get the warty like things on them alot = thus that is why I call them that.

About a week ago, I noticed that the hair around her "wart" looked like it had been disturbed. I looked at it, and saw it had a fresh scab on it. I scraped it with my finger nail, it started draining blood and puss. I got a paper towel and gently squeezed it to get the gunk out. Then I put peroxide on it, then bag balm. It drained a bit more for a day, then started drying up. Now you can't even tell there was anything there.

A day or so after I had originally discovered something was going on with her "wart" I was talking to a friend who brings his dog to the neighbors while he goes to work. I told him about it, he said he was the one that picked at it, that it was a wood tick or what he thought was. Well unless the tick was dead, and imbedded into her skin, it wasnt a wood tick. It had been there over a year, and hadn't gotten any bigger.

Has anyone ever had a tick get on their dog, then die, but get imbedded? It is just plain wierd.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
"Poodle Warts" - by JudyCap - 07-21-2014, 01:58 PM
RE: "Poodle Warts" - by Happyflowerlady - 07-25-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: "Poodle Warts" - by JudyCap - 07-28-2014, 01:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our poodle has a cataract but no vet to perform surgery maxen57 3 2,074 05-11-2016, 09:42 PM
Last Post: maxen57