LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are building a fishpond !
10-14-2014, 06:47 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: We are building a fishpond !
Thank you for the great tips, Thor ! ! We are planning on having a filter system in it, and if we can get a fountain that already has a filter, that seems like a good way to do it. Both of those would need electricity to run them, so if it is all in one unit, then one plug-in would run everything.
My husband said that it should be around 50 gallons when it is full, so not real large, but big enough that I can have a few goldfish. I would have guess more water than 50 gallons, because it will be bigger than my horse trough was, and that was about 50 gallons. (I used to have to haul water before I got hooked to county water, and it took most of a 55 gallon drum to fill the water trough.)
I actually had a couple of goldfish that lived in the horse trough in the summer, and then inside in the fishtank during the cold winter months. They did fine with out any kind of filtration system, but of course, the horses and deer were drinking the water; so I had to refill it every couple of days, which meant the fish always had fresh water.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
We are building a fishpond ! - by Happyflowerlady - 10-11-2014, 02:47 AM
RE: We are building a fishpond ! - by Thor - 10-14-2014, 03:24 AM
RE: We are building a fishpond ! - by Happyflowerlady - 10-14-2014, 06:47 AM
RE: We are building a fishpond ! - by Thor - 10-14-2014, 01:16 PM
RE: We are building a fishpond ! - by remnant - 03-27-2016, 11:57 AM
RE: We are building a fishpond ! - by Novelangel - 06-02-2016, 04:41 AM