LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Ant Farms (Large photo warning!)
10-24-2014, 10:37 AM,
Gratzkul Offline

Threads: 1
RE: My Ant Farms (Large photo warning!)
Thank you for the kind words, kfander! I would be happy to show some of my more recent photographs.

Cyberpuppet, you can most definitely create nests out of plaster. However, plaster nests are prone to rapid mold growth and require replacement fairly regularly. I'm quite busy during the day so I find the convenience of purchasing pre-made formicarium to work better for me. The prices vary greatly so there's really something for everyone.

As for the question on whether or not ants make good pets, I must say that they are one of the most interesting creatures I have observed. I donated one of my ant farms to a 3rd grade classroom last year and was pleasantly surprised with the interest shown. The children made handmade cards and sent them to me with all sorts of neat facts they learned while caring for the colony. My own children are quite taken by the ants as well! The wife is another story... Gen068
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My Ant Farms (Large photo warning!) - by Gratzkul - 10-22-2014, 03:02 AM
RE: My Ant Farms (Large photo warning!) - by Gratzkul - 10-24-2014, 10:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have you created many insect farms? Mantis 17 9,468 02-25-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: 4sweed
  Ant Farm laurasav 12 7,879 09-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Msmonkeyfeet