LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My homemade rack and it's inhabitants. (DUW)
06-30-2012, 12:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2012, 12:27 PM by Fishbone.)
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
RE: My homemade rack and it's inhabitants. (DUW)
Hi Sam. The thermostat I use on this is this hydrofarm thermostat . Its actually for heat mats, to use under indoor grown seedlings. But quite a few people have started using it. Its the best quality non-proportional thermostat I have ever seen for the price. I got mine from Ed Lilley at Constrictors Northwest . If you search Amazon you can probably find it a few dollars cheaper, but Ed is a good guy in the reptile community, and I was happy to send the money his way over saving three dollars. He also builds cages and racks he fabricates plastic professionally, and is very knowledgeable, helpful, and affordable. Just an fyi.

If you really want the best thermostat for the money, I'd get a herpstat 1. The herpstat 2 & 4 are the same thing, with 2 or 4 channels, respectively. So they can control 2 or 4 heating devices completely independently, with each having it's own temperature probe and setting. And the proportional control on these is second to none in my opinion, they will figure out the exact amount of power needed to keep the heating device exactly at the set temperature constantly.

Post a new thread when you decide what you want to do and I'll help you out with the things you need to get wired up. And post some pictures of the geckos Smile

H

(06-20-2012, 10:43 AM)lhins Wrote: This is a very nice set up you have. I think I'll have to start constructing my own for future reptiles I hope to own.

I missed this post completely Sad

If you decide to, and need some advice or ideas, let me know. I'm happy to help. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My homemade rack and it's inhabitants. (DUW) - by Fishbone - 06-30-2012, 12:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm a daddy, leopard geckos just hatched!! (DUW!!) Fishbone 20 10,590 07-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Last Post: purplecapricorn