LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peridontal Disease, Dental Care
07-08-2015, 03:07 AM,
SarahWorksAtHome Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Peridontal Disease, Dental Care
The number shocked me at first and I sort of doubted it initially, thinking it HAD to be wrong. I then began to consider how few people actually worry about their dog's teeth and their gums and it kind of hit me that it really sounds about right. It just probably often goes undetected.
I spoke with a vet tech friend of mine and she gave me a few ideas to put into our routine in order to prevent any problems (my pups are still young so we can start now and prevent but I think no matter how old they are, now is a great time to start! better late than never!)
She suggested getting a sturdy toothbrush (a well made adult hard bristle or a dog tooth brush sold in pet stores will do) and some canine toothpaste (also sold in pet stores) and making it at least a once a day (evening maybe) habit to brush their teeth.
She said that keeping toys around with lots of nubs, or rope toys, those will help to clean around their teeth and massage their gums as well. Almost like a flosser!
She said the "clean breath" "dentastick" treats aren't bad and are okay to give but do not honestly in her opinion do much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peridontal Disease, Dental Care - by SarahWorksAtHome - 07-08-2015, 03:07 AM
RE: Peridontal Disease, Dental Care - by remnant - 04-15-2016, 02:45 PM
RE: Peridontal Disease, Dental Care - by maxen57 - 05-09-2016, 08:32 PM
RE: Peridontal Disease, Dental Care - by Corzhens - 05-26-2016, 11:00 PM
RE: Peridontal Disease, Dental Care - by drearsha - 10-02-2020, 10:50 PM
RE: Peridontal Disease, Dental Care - by Clalser - 10-03-2020, 12:44 AM