LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a new rescue at our household...
08-22-2012, 12:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2012, 12:12 PM by Fishbone.)
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
RE: a new rescue at our household...
I don't know if you remember some of the older posts we had on reptile diseases, but there are many, and allot of them can take time to diagnose, and some species can harbor diseases, acting as a carrier, that well evolve much more quickly in other species. My main concern here with her being a boa, (Boa constrictor imperator), there is always a chance of IBD, which could wipe out the pythons and tree boas here quickly. So, quarantine is very important with multiple reptiles. I even quarantine animals if they come from people I know have very closed private collections. Better safe than sorry.

I'll keep her quarantined at least 3 months, maybe longer, being I have no history on her I trust. The girl giving her up said she was cage aggressive, and they didn't have the time to calm her down. That seems to be pretty far from the truth so far, but you never know. I think they were trying to make a buck on her.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
a new rescue at our household... - by Fishbone - 08-20-2012, 07:20 PM
RE: a new rescue at our household... - by Thor - 08-21-2012, 06:35 AM
RE: a new rescue at our household... - by Fishbone - 08-22-2012, 12:11 PM