LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self-clean, self-flush cat litter box
02-28-2013, 10:42 AM,
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
RE: Self-clean, self-flush cat litter box
This one I have seen ads for it, but from past experience with self-cleaning litter boxes, I have generally shy away from such products.

A lady I once worked for purchased a self-cleaning litter box. At first it seemed like a good deal, to her anyways, I thought it was a bit expensive and took up more room.

It had a senser in it so after a cat got in to go potty, and left, a bar rake would scrape through the kitty litter and rake out the clumps and move them into a box at the end of the pan.

She soon learned it did not work well with the clumping type kitty litter, as the waste got to heavy for the bar rake to push it down the pan and so poo would get pushed and stuck, on the lower corners of the pan and not go in the collection box.

She switched to the non-clumping kitty litter the bar rake got gunked up with poo, and the urine collected in the bottom of the pan and was missed by the bar rake.

The box at the end of the pan, had a flapper door that lifted when the bar rake brought the waste down the pan and the hinges broke off of it, leaving an open smelly collection box.

The expensive litter box lasted about two months before the motor burned out from getting stuck on a few kitty poo piles.

So, she uses it like a regular kitty litter pan and scoops it out, herself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Self-clean, self-flush cat litter box - by Ram - 08-30-2012, 02:16 AM
RE: Self-clean, self-flush cat litter box - by 4sweed - 02-28-2013, 10:42 AM