LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mama of two.
03-07-2012, 08:40 AM,
OriJas Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Mama of two.
Lol! Thank you very much, it really is good to be here. I should have also added that I should warn...I'm a hobby writer (hoping to be published one day) so I CAN tend to ramble on a bit. Just give me a swift kick in the pants if that happens and it gets irritating. I can't switch it off sometimes. Heh.

I moved here when I was 5, so almost 21 years now going by the time of year we arrived. My mother was born here in Australia, and my father migrated from Holland when he was 9, and I'm adopted...so we're sort of a family of globe trotters.

Oh, everyone pronounces it wrong when they first hear or see the spelling of his name! It's become habit now to just explain it before they make the mistake. I think I remember watching Stargate years ago when it first began, but I don't remember the SG-1 being in the title, I assume a reboot series? Ori's name was chosen from a list of Hebrew names I was looking for, and Ori definitely seemed to fit, it's meaning is "my light". I've always been the one to believe dogs' names can define their personalities, or vice versa.

Even better, the area I live in has 4 different beaches close by! I'm in the metro suburbs though rather than out in the more rural areas, but there's a lot of space still thankfully. Unfortunately not a large selection of off-leash dog parks though.

Oh, nothing Lassie-like, I wish! Lol. Mentally and emotionally my saviors though, definitely. I suffer from panic attacks and severe panic disorder, and in the last couple of years have been a bit hellish on the personal front that if it probably wasn't for them needing me so much, I would have crawled into a dark corner and given up. Just being here and having the need to take them for walks, or to the vet, food, playtime etc...it keeps my mind occupied and other things to focus on to get me through some of the toughest days. However, Jasmine did save me from a cockroach night before last while we were dozing! Creeper almost landed on my head and she practically nose-dived behind the bed to shoo it away. Does that count? Lol.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Mama of two. - by OriJas - 03-07-2012, 07:56 AM
RE: Mama of two. - by Ram - 03-07-2012, 08:15 AM
RE: Mama of two. - by OriJas - 03-07-2012, 08:40 AM
RE: Mama of two. - by Thor - 03-07-2012, 09:03 AM
RE: Mama of two. - by bw - 03-07-2012, 07:44 PM
RE: Mama of two. - by OriJas - 03-07-2012, 08:54 PM
RE: Mama of two. - by bw - 03-08-2012, 07:45 AM
RE: Mama of two. - by Onyx - 03-12-2012, 03:23 AM