LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gentle Leader
12-30-2012, 02:02 PM,
FlanneryCam Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Gentle Leader
I've used the Gentle Leader with two dogs now. One is a big guy, a Bernese Mountain dog. Frankly, he loves his Gentle Leader. If we even pick it up, it's just like if we picked up his leash. He sticks in nose right in and waits for us to do up the clips no problem. Although, we did train him to use the command "nose" to stick his nose in the hole when we first started using it. Say "nose," and hold the Gentle Leader open. When your dog puts his nose through, give him a treat or praise with his nose still in the Gentle Leader. It worked great for the Berner.

My dog Nix is still getting used to his Gentle Leader. He knows he needs to put it on to go out, but still won't offer up his nose. Sometimes he curls his lip back when I'm putting it on. No sounds. Just showing his dislike. I'm going to have to keep up with the treats and nose command until he gets it like our Berner.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Gentle Leader - by JaimieSkye - 12-14-2012, 10:38 AM
RE: Gentle Leader - by haopee - 12-14-2012, 04:23 PM
RE: Gentle Leader - by JaimieSkye - 12-20-2012, 01:48 AM
RE: Gentle Leader - by Tagged7 - 12-29-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: Gentle Leader - by FlanneryCam - 12-30-2012, 02:02 PM