LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beautiful Green-Winged Macaw
02-20-2013, 07:41 AM,
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
RE: The Beautiful Green-Winged Macaw
One of the most interesting birds my friend's had was a Toucan. The colorful pattern of his feathers in an array of red and orange, blue and yellow and black was a sight to behold. with a large orange and yellow beak. i took many pictures of this bird in his cage. The bird ate mainly fruit and nuts, and I was told about the mating courtship and how the male and female, will play catch tossing fruit or nuts, back and forth to each other. The female lays 2-4 eggs. these birds are native to Central and South America, and are considered to be very loud with yelps and rattling, mews and harsh croaks. The ones my friend's raised often sang in the morning and made loud noises all day long. When the macaws started talking and the toucan started croaking it was funny and yet impossible to hear anything in their household. We had to go outside to visit. I often wondered how their neighbors liked all that noise.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Beautiful Green-Winged Macaw - by 4sweed - 02-19-2013, 01:05 PM
RE: The Beautiful Green-Winged Macaw - by AnnaU93 - 02-20-2013, 05:54 AM
RE: The Beautiful Green-Winged Macaw - by 4sweed - 02-20-2013, 07:41 AM