LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching over
08-23-2016, 05:07 PM,
CatCuddler57 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Switching over
I grew up with fish, rabbits, and a dog.  But after my rabbit and dog died. I haven't had another because I find that I still compare the new potential pet with the old and find them lacking.  Which isn't fair because each animal is unique, but on some basic level I still want my old pet back.  So I switched to cats.  For me, it's was harder to compare cats because I was used to my grandma's menagerie of cats and knew they were always different.  Even after my cat Midnight died, I don't find myself comparing the next cat to him the way I do with my dog and rabbit.  Though I think I'm at the part where I keep finding traits of previous cats that I feel that I need some separation before I start comparing.  

I think it's easier to switch from mammal to mammal than it is to switch from mammal to reptile.  When my brother got his first lizards, I got my first experience buying live crickets and then trying to feed the crickets to the lizards.  That was interesting and certainly different than opening a can or bag and pouring it in a bowl.  I would definitely do research before switching pets though because even though dogs and cats are both mammals, they are completely different.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Switching over - by remnant - 08-05-2016, 10:12 PM
RE: Switching over - by CatCuddler57 - 08-23-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: Switching over - by Novelangel - 08-26-2016, 05:54 AM
RE: Switching over - by maxen57 - 08-26-2016, 01:41 PM
RE: Switching over - by Happyflowerlady - 08-27-2016, 01:51 AM