LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bounce From The Back Of A Truck
01-18-2014, 06:55 PM,
MformantSecor Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Bounce From The Back Of A Truck
This is one of the most tragic things that can happen to animals, especially at the hands of owners who have a responsibility for their safety. I am so sorry for your friend and his loss though, I know it must be hard for him. I often see owners who have their dogs riding in the back of their pickups, bouncing around, standing on toolboxes, or propped up on the edge, swaying precariously about. I feel so scared for the dogs as I watch them nearly fall out with sharp turns, bumps, and sudden stops. It's like watching a train wreck about to happen.

My family owns trucks, and there were times when my dad would take us kids for a ride with our border collie and golden retriever in the back along country roads. At least the speed limits were reduced, there was less traffic, and us kids were there to hold onto the dogs. However, I would not recommend, as an adult, that people put their dogs in the back if they can help it. I don't think they should be tied in either. My best bet is to have the dogs crated and tied securely. Now we own mini dachshunds and of course, those are always crated in the back.

All I know is this phenomenon is truly awful. I can't imagine the horror of having to witness such an accident, and the infinitely worse, unthinkable wretched feelings of guilt and sorrow that must result for the driver/owners of the unfortunate furry victims. I only hope people understand the danger they are putting their animals in when simply putting their dogs in the back. After all, would you just put an infant unsecured in the back of a pickup? No. So why would you do the same to a dog?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bounce From The Back Of A Truck - by 4sweed - 03-14-2013, 12:44 PM
RE: Bounce From The Back Of A Truck - by haopee - 03-19-2013, 04:52 PM
RE: Bounce From The Back Of A Truck - by jowjo5 - 03-20-2013, 04:35 AM
RE: Bounce From The Back Of A Truck - by 4sweed - 03-20-2013, 05:08 AM
RE: Bounce From The Back Of A Truck - by haopee - 03-20-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: Bounce From The Back Of A Truck - by 4sweed - 03-21-2013, 12:35 AM
RE: Bounce From The Back Of A Truck - by Jpix - 05-21-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: Bounce From The Back Of A Truck - by MformantSecor - 01-18-2014, 06:55 PM
RE: Bounce From The Back Of A Truck - by BirdPoo - 01-22-2014, 01:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sending the dog back? remnant 4 4,406 09-11-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: FaithMillsM2V
  Does your dog ride in the front or back seat? Pocs 11 5,891 08-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Victor Leigh