LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your thoughts on Sea World?
08-31-2013, 05:24 PM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: What are your thoughts on Sea World?
I think there is a growing movement that is focusing people on not having interaction with animals. Organizations like PETA think that all animals should have rights, and that they should be free and wild.
I think that animals should definitely be treated humanely, and that we need to make a huge change in the way animals are treated that are being raised for food.

I don't think that all animals should be returned to live in the wild, however. As long as they are treated well, many animals will live longer, and actually have a better life in captivity.
If you watch the shows about wild animals, you will notice that some of them end up as dinner, and do not die an easy death. Life in the wild is hard, whether the animal is a predator or a prey animal.
Wolves starve to death. Deer lock their antlers together, and die struggling.

Life in a zoo is easy and safe for the animal, and if they were born in a zoo, they do not miss being out in the wild in any way. I am in favor of keeping the places where people can see wild animals, and sea creatures. I think it gives us more compassion and understanding for them, as well. And it certainly give our children a lot of joy to watch them playing or swimming around.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are your thoughts on Sea World? - by Happyflowerlady - 08-31-2013, 05:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  T20 World Cup 2016 Schedule nomibucha 0 1,615 03-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Last Post: nomibucha
  end of the world? amanda509 6 3,634 08-03-2012, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Thor