LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone experienced culture shock before?
04-13-2012, 05:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2012, 05:11 PM by Karenskatz.)
Karenskatz Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Anyone experienced culture shock before?
i would describe it as coming into an area wnere you realise the local people don't think the way you do, and it takes a while to figure out how they do think and come to terms with it. I think many of the animal rescuers that flooded down to New Orleans (who were generally from the north) were abruptly confronted with the realization that yes, this is still the US, but it's a whole 'nother culture down here, especially when it comes to attitudes about animals. Many had to readjust their thinking. Some did not and tried to educate these ignorant or misguided people, Some just condemed them as bad pet owners for not taking their pets with, never bothering to find out the details of why. The smart ones kept their mouths shut whatever they thought, and went with the flow. But I don't think any of us expected to encounter the difference in thinking that we did.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone experienced culture shock before? - by Karenskatz - 04-13-2012, 05:42 PM