LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collars and ID
03-04-2014, 09:57 AM,
The Aspertarian Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Collars and ID
There was no one anywhere around - I looked.

The dog came running up to MY dog and that was a road I really did not want to go down. I did not know if the dog would be aggressive to my dog or not. And because she had no collar there was no way I could control her either.

I had to pick up my own dog and take him inside. I could not 'just wait' to see if the irresponsible owner would come running because I live in an RV and don't have a fenced in yard. Where exactly am I supposed to 'wait' with the dog?

I had things I had to do inside and did not have time to wait around with the dog to see if anyone came looking for her (which they didn't). It was hours before anyone even noticed she was gone (the manager told me this).

Even still, if you have a dog, put a collar on it WITH TAGS and get it chipped. That way, if something happens your dog can be reunited.

I suppose I should have just left her alone and not get involved, but there is a major thoroughfare less than a block away. She would have likely ended there and gotten run over. Or I could have just let the guys who were chasing her with shovels and rakes get to her. But I did not. I did what I thought was best.
I ran across this video that has some very sobering statistics about lost pets and gives a powerful reason for having your pet chipped.

I hope it is OK to share it here.
http://blog.petflow.com/so-touching-you-...-in-tears/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Collars and ID - by The Aspertarian - 02-26-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Collars and ID - by millshre - 03-02-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: Collars and ID - by The Aspertarian - 03-02-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Collars and ID - by janineaa - 03-04-2014, 04:33 AM
RE: Collars and ID - by TreeClimber - 03-04-2014, 05:15 AM
RE: Collars and ID - by The Aspertarian - 03-04-2014, 09:57 AM

Possibly Related Threads...