LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone here keep eels?
04-10-2014, 08:09 PM,
TheBrit Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Does anyone here keep eels?
I had a couple of small ribbon eels in a mixed marine tank at one time. Any eels really are not the best animals to keep, especially morays. As they grow they will take any small fish in a mixed aquarium and spend most of their time hiding away amongst your tank decor.

You want different, interesting? At one time I had a small, 3"-4" grouper, another fast growing large fish. This little guy had character though. He would lay a lot of the time on the substrate and you could see him taking in everything going on around him.

When I walked to the tank he would immediately perk up and start looking to the surface. If I slid open the top for feeding and went to drop mysis or whatever into the tank he would literally shoot to the surface and jump from the water in an attempt to grab the food, or my fingers. On one occasion he actually cleared the tank and landed on the carpet.

Eventually, because of the speed he was growing and the fact he obviously intimidated the smaller fish in the tank he was returned to the dealer and exchanged for something more suitable for a small marine community.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Does anyone here keep eels? - by Ofnir - 04-06-2014, 05:59 AM
RE: Does anyone here keep eels? - by TheBrit - 04-10-2014, 08:09 PM
RE: Does anyone here keep eels? - by Ofnir - 04-11-2014, 10:14 PM
RE: Does anyone here keep eels? - by Treeca86 - 07-19-2014, 02:00 AM
RE: Does anyone here keep eels? - by tess pfeif - 08-18-2014, 07:41 AM