LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing a peacock?
07-25-2014, 01:52 PM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: Missing a peacock?
How awesome ! I hope they find the owners of this poor lost bird. I think he must have been badly frightened to get so far away from home that he could not find his way back home.
When I lived out in the country in Western Washington, we had a peacock, and after having him confined for about a week while he learned where he lived; we were able to just leave him loose, and he never left the property. He would fly up into one of the tall pine trees at night to roost, and during the day, he strolled around as he patrolled the property. If any strangers came, he made kind of a screeching noise.
Sometimes, he would show off and spread his magnificent tail feathers out as he strutted around.

As for the white ones being female, that is not the case. There are actually white peacocks, and both the male and female are white. The females (peahens) can be identified because they do not have the long tailfeathers like the peacock has. Most peahens are kind of a grayish-brown in color, except for the white ones, of course.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Missing a peacock? - by Thor - 07-23-2014, 04:26 AM
RE: Missing a peacock? - by Happyflowerlady - 07-25-2014, 01:52 PM
RE: Missing a peacock? - by Happyflowerlady - 10-17-2014, 01:40 AM