LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Ich (Ick)
01-31-2015, 10:17 PM,
Dave Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Possible Ich (Ick)
Thank you, Thor! It is now morning and the fish are still 'flashing', but I do not see any white spots at all. The fish are VERY active and they ate very well this morning... (they always eat like pigs). I'm careful about the feeding, and I've never had them leave so much as a speck when I do feed.

I went out last night and got to PetSmart right when they were closing the doors but they let me in to purchase a larger heater. The heater I have in this small Fluval is only 10 watts and I'm not able to control the temp (it keeps the small tank at 78*). This new heater is now in the tank and I have increased the temp to 80*. I will increase the temp about 2 degrees every six hours until I get to 86*. I also put a small airstone in and running this as I've read that the higher temps can deplete oxygen in the water.

The water parameters are as perfect as I can get them. pH 7.2, ammonia 0. nitrite 0, nitrate .05. I do not have a water hardness test kit as of now. I have well water and my pH from the tap is about 6.8. I suspect my water is soft as whenever I do dishes the water foams/suds very easily (I've always heard that was a sign of soft water), but not sure how scientific that theory is Dodgy

I'm confused about this salt thing. The guy at the LFS says guppies really like a bit of salt in the water, and a lot of online guppy sites say the same thing...this is the reason I put a small amount in (1 Tbsp. for 5 gallons). Other people say no salt. I will discontinue adding salt as I do the pwc over the next week.

I did a 25% water change last night and will continue to do this daily. I'll check in and let you know if anything changes over the next 24 hours. I'm watching for the white specks...I thought for sure I would have seen them this morning, but nada...

I really appreciate your time in helping me out here!

Many Thanks,
Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Possible Ich (Ick) - by Dave - 01-31-2015, 07:31 AM
RE: Possible Ich (Ick) - by Thor - 01-31-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: Possible Ich (Ick) - by Thor - 01-31-2015, 02:37 PM
RE: Possible Ich (Ick) - by Dave - 01-31-2015, 10:17 PM
RE: Possible Ich (Ick) - by Thor - 02-01-2015, 01:56 AM
RE: Possible Ich (Ick) - by Dave - 02-01-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: Possible Ich (Ick) - by Thor - 02-02-2015, 12:25 AM