LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulldogs and others
05-19-2012, 07:10 AM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Bulldogs and others
This is kind of hot topic, and can get people very opinionated, so I normally tend to try to avoid these kinds of topics. I understand this entirely, as people who own reptiles are constantly under attack legally from one place/group or another. And somebody is on some network with a ball python claiming it is going to eat someone's child or pet cat. Your more likely to get some type of parasite from a pet goldfish. Same with most dogs too.

But I will say, that I am not completely against restrictions on the giant constrictors, burms, retics, rocks, and anacondas. Those are beyond a commitment, and can be dangerous if not cared for properly. And, unfortunately, the same can be said of pit bulls in particular. It is most certainly not the dogs fault. But the peoples fault who own/bred it. But how much does that matter to the number of people attacked &/or killed every year? I have no idea what the actual answer to the problem is, it would be a shame to make them illegal, and all but impossible to fund or administrate any kind of licensing or registration program.

But the downside to all of this, to any and all law abiding pet owners in the USA at least, is that it gives more teeth to all of the things that the HSUS is trying to do. But of course, it seems they are behind allot of the funding of any legislation to ban any animals as pets. So, who knows...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bulldogs and others - by The CatDog - 05-19-2012, 06:18 AM
RE: Bulldogs and others - by Fishbone - 05-19-2012, 07:10 AM
RE: Bulldogs and others - by Karenskatz - 05-21-2012, 04:40 PM
RE: Bulldogs and others - by Fishbone - 05-21-2012, 05:46 PM
RE: Bulldogs and others - by Karenskatz - 05-22-2012, 05:41 PM
RE: Bulldogs and others - by Ram - 05-22-2012, 08:53 PM