LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outdoor Adventures with Dragons
06-11-2012, 09:34 AM,
ArmyOfDreams Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Outdoor Adventures with Dragons
Fishbone, I could spend between $60-$80 give or take a few bucks. The cheaper the better, obviously. I did some brief shopping around on various hardware store websites and the prices on 36" lamps are so far pretty comparable to the one in your link! I will continue to look, I basically just skimmed through so who knows what I've missed. But if I can't find anything much cheaper I will probably just go with the bulb/lamp pair in the links, or something similar from petmountain, etc. You get the idea Tongue

As for Kaiah, the bee she ate was a bit smaller than your average adult cricket; honeybees are pretty small compared to other bees and wasps. It didn't have a chance to sting her and today she is her usual rambunctious self, ate her supers with no problem, etc.

Also, that bulb is pretty sweet, Ram! I was looking more for a strip light, though, logistically it would work better than two round lamps competing for room at the hot end (no place to clamp, lamp just sits on the screen.) Also she'd get UVB regardless of where she's at in the tank.
But that does remind me of a question I have regarding bulbs. First, the school (and for the moment, my own lamp) just have standard 60 Watt white light bulbs. I checked w/ temp gun at the school and the basking spot was 92 degrees at about 14" from the lamp, not too shabby for a standard bulb. So is there any significant difference between a heat bulb and a standard bulb if they both get hot enough for a basking spot?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Outdoor Adventures with Dragons - by ArmyOfDreams - 06-10-2012, 04:53 AM
RE: Outdoor Adventures with Dragons - by Ram - 06-10-2012, 05:33 AM
RE: Outdoor Adventures with Dragons - by Fishbone - 06-10-2012, 03:34 PM
RE: Outdoor Adventures with Dragons - by Ram - 06-10-2012, 04:29 PM
RE: Outdoor Adventures with Dragons - by Ram - 06-10-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: Outdoor Adventures with Dragons - by ArmyOfDreams - 06-11-2012, 09:34 AM
RE: Outdoor Adventures with Dragons - by Fishbone - 06-11-2012, 01:59 PM
RE: Outdoor Adventures with Dragons - by Ram - 06-11-2012, 02:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...