Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is Your Thought On Breeders?
04-14-2015, 11:53 AM,
Skyelark Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
RE: What Is Your Thought On Breeders?
I know this often tends to be a touchy subject, as many people believe that all breeders are awful and everyone should get a rescue dog. I agree there are a lot of dogs out there that need homes but without credible breeders we would no longer have any distinctions between breeds, everything would be a mutt. I think breeders are needed to keep breeds going. There is nothing wrong with mutts, but certain breeds are needed for specific jobs and tasks that they were originally breed for. Or people require a specific type of dog in order to have a family pet whether that be a certain type of temperament, size, or coat type due to allergies.

Keeping breeders around ensures that specific characteristics of each breed of dog are passed down. I think there should be more limits and restrictions placed on who can breed dogs and how often. To buy from a breeder I would want to visit their facilities in person first, meet there dogs, and likely have a recommendation from a previous buyer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What Is Your Thought On Breeders? - by Emily202 - 03-01-2015, 11:29 AM
RE: What Is Your Thought On Breeders? - by Skyelark - 04-14-2015, 11:53 AM