LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Haven't Seen Any Rat Owners On Here Yet
07-31-2012, 07:32 AM,
writer811 Offline

Threads: 10
RE: I Haven't Seen Any Rat Owners On Here Yet
(07-26-2012, 11:01 PM)laurasav Wrote: Oh my gosh, I love it!!! LOL! That's pretty darn cool having a pet so small that you can take it just about everywhere you go! And Persephone is so good about staying out of sight at "sensitive" type places - like McDonalds! Yeah, I can just imagine some woman at McD's catching a glimpse of your rat and getting all hysterical - then pandemonium breaks out and people are running for the exit doors! haha
So when you took her to the outdoor movie, was she able to be still enough for the 90-120 minutes of the show? If she can just chill for that long, I imagine she'd be fine at any movie theater.
Gee, I'm starting to want a pet rat! I've been bugging my hubby about getting a dog, but he keeps saying no. He doesn't want to clean up poop in the yard or have to worry about boarding a dog when we go on vacation, etc. I'd like a dog because they like GOING places with you, unlike cats. Well, if we got a rat, we could take it everywhere, like you do with yours, and the hubby wouldn't have to worry about cleaning poop up in the yard! Big Grin

Yeah, whenever she has to sit still for a long time, she usually goes to sleep. I would be careful though, if you want to let her ride around everywhere with you. Persephone is trained to not poop on me (She still pees but that's ok because it's pretty clean pee) but other rats won't be like that at first. You have to teach them not to poop on you. The easiest way to do this is to train them to use a litter box so they don't poop anywhere else.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Haven't Seen Any Rat Owners On Here Yet - by writer811 - 07-31-2012, 07:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying a Rat JaimieSkye 1 1,819 01-31-2013, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Msmonkeyfeet
  Moisture on my Rat's Whiskers writer811 0 1,464 08-17-2012, 06:18 AM
Last Post: writer811