LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read any good books lately?
05-10-2014, 01:43 AM,
KittyReeves Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Read any good books lately?
I'm trying to remember the last book that I read, and I honestly can't remember. (⊙_☉) So, I'm just going to say good books that I remember off the top of my head. Hide

Fevercrumb; it's one of those books where you're not sure if it's dystopian, sci-fi or historical. Or a blend of all three? You just don't know. I do remember being completely amazed by the ending, when all the questions you had been asking the entire time had been answered.

Guns of Seneca 6; This book is basically like Firefly, but focusing on people living on a ring planet instead of ship crew. Seriously, it insanely similar universe wise.

Freakshow; A story focusing on a boy who grows up in traveling circus, and everything changes when the mummy is made apart of the show. It's on the shorter side, but it's insanely good.

Girl in the Arena; A story set in the future were the very old system of gladiators has come back and been turned into a national sport. It's not the most amazing book, but the premise it extremely interesting.

Curse Workers Trilogy; An AMAZING series written by the amazing Holly Black. It's basically, the mafia meets magic. I have a personal fondness for this series, because it's set in my home state. But seriously, I love these books to death. Big Grin

This Book Does Not Exist; Based, in part, on a true story: When the love of his life vanishes in the midst of a trying but passionate long distance relationship, an aspiring writer must brave the perils of a surreal world warped by his memories and imagination in order to find her.
(Also, this only exists in eBook format, so technically, it DOESN'T exist.) This book is one of those that have an insanely awesome premise, but the story itself is rather lack luster. I liked it well enough, but I'm not too picky with my reading tastes. Undecided

As you can see, I read a lot of YA fiction. It takes a little bit of digging, but you can find some real gems story wise in the YA section. "Guns of Senca 6 and "This Book Does Not Exist" are not YA fiction though. But they are both eBooks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Read any good books lately? - by pugskjj - 07-15-2012, 10:24 AM
RE: Read any good books lately? - by mz_angie1987 - 01-29-2013, 09:27 AM
RE: Read any good books lately? - by deyvion - 09-01-2013, 05:57 AM
RE: Read any good books lately? - by Eudora13 - 09-09-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: Read any good books lately? - by shopgirl - 09-10-2013, 02:44 AM
RE: Read any good books lately? - by KittyReeves - 05-10-2014, 01:43 AM
RE: Read any good books lately? - by RedOleander - 05-12-2014, 10:37 AM
RE: Read any good books lately? - by GenevB - 10-23-2014, 04:25 AM
RE: Read any good books lately? - by Nieris - 06-26-2015, 06:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Can I read ebooks from Amazon without a Kindle? Ram 3 3,187 06-09-2014, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Francy
  Good at photo taking? You can profit from it. Sign up on Dreamstime now. Thor 6 3,656 09-11-2013, 01:19 AM
Last Post: apickett80
  General Discuss Rules (Read before post) Thor 0 38,221 02-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Thor