LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hand feeding a frog
02-11-2013, 05:10 AM,
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
RE: Hand feeding a frog
A friend of mine in Florida had a giant exotic toad as a pet. It was as big as a dinner plate. It was know as (Bufo marinus). This toad needs to be handled with care as it secretes a toxic substance that can burn your eyes and irriate your skin. If eaten it could kill a dog or cat. It seems to be another of those exotic creatures that are over running the State of Florida. He had pictures of it eating spagetti, as well as, eating worms and bugs. Anyways I am sharing a link to a website that tells all about this toad, as well as, native frogs. We had lots of native turtles (Box), in our yard. The box turtle males and females, can be identified by looking at their undershell. If it has a shallow indented area toward the back it is a male turtle. The underside on a female is smooth. Check out this link it will give you some interesting facts that you might not know about frogs and toads.
http://www.wec.ufl.edu/extension/wildlif...arinus.php
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Hand feeding a frog - by writer811 - 08-13-2012, 04:23 AM
RE: Hand feeding a frog - by laurasav - 08-13-2012, 10:01 AM
RE: Hand feeding a frog - by Julie - 09-06-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: Hand feeding a frog - by Msmonkeyfeet - 09-17-2012, 12:09 PM
RE: Hand feeding a frog - by 4sweed - 02-11-2013, 05:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My pond fish are disappearing - is it the frog? Kari 5 5,685 10-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Last Post: cyberpuppet