LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butterflies & Moths In Your Area
02-19-2013, 12:22 PM,
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
Butterflies & Moths In Your Area
While butterflies and moths, are not commonly of as pets and yet we find ourselves drawn to their beauty and lifecycles. Many different species are found throughout the world and indentification sometimes is simple just be color and size, but other times we must research through books and pictures, and websites to identifiy a butterfly or moth that we have captured.
If your hobby is the collection and saving of butterflies and moths, then indentification becomes even more important than simply enjoying the graceful beauty of these insects.
This link will take you to a site where you can see pictures and find the butterflies and moths, in your area, by species (any) and country, and county. I did a search for my area of the United States and found there are over 180 different kinds in the county where I reside. Follow the provided link:http://www.butterfliesandmoths.org/checklists
This website gives you the chance to become involved in sharing of photographs and sightings in your area of the country and the world.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you rear butterflies? remnant 0 2,569 07-27-2016, 01:40 AM
Last Post: remnant
Star Simple Facts About Moths & Butterflies 4sweed 10 8,850 07-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Last Post: BWP
  Caterpillers Become Butterflies & Moths 4sweed 0 1,926 02-23-2013, 03:23 AM
Last Post: 4sweed
  Moths' attraction to lights and clothing Mantis 1 1,845 05-28-2012, 03:12 AM
Last Post: kyle_crafty