LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to Adopt Rabbits in NYC?
02-14-2022, 04:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 04:03 AM by CodyCobey.)
CodyCobey Offline

Threads: 1
Where to Adopt Rabbits in NYC?
Greetings!  Smile

I recently moved to New York City and my daughter wants to raise a new pet. She already has a dog so we decided to go with a cute and tiny bunny this time. Yes, we are thinking adopt a rabbit for her. But I am not sure where to get rabbits. My family friends gave us different advice like you should visit animal shelters or talk with breeders but I found the following resources more helpful in this regard:

peektimes.com/forums/topic/adopt-a-rabbit-in-nyc/

rabbitsforsale.com/all-ads/

After comparing distinct ads, I would like to buy a rabbit through any online website. Similarly, I also like the idea of adopting bunnies from breeders. Do you know any New York-based rabbit breeder? Or an online rabbit seller? 

Please share your thoughts and suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2022, 04:49 AM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
RE: Where to Adopt Rabbits in NYC?
Hey Cody, 

I have a few recommendations for you to get a pet bunny.  

Local Rabbit groups on Facebook.
Check Facebook. Either local rabbit groups, or the Facebook Marketplace section.   One advantage of living in a populated area is that you will find everything you are looking for locally. 

Craigslist,
Same as above.    Since you are in NYC.   There must be a lot of everything for sale or to give away for free locally.   Be careful where you make the deal though.   Better meet up at a safe public place.    

Pet stores
I would check local pet stores first.   It might not be the best source for a healthy rabbit, but you get to pick the one you like most by the appearance and their activities.    You can certainly check them individually and get the “best” one out of the group.    

Animal shelter or Animal Rescue 
You might find a suitable pet there at your local animal shelter.   They usually have a lot of them waiting for adoption.  And they are either free or very low price.     One of my friends adopted a cat from an animal shelter for $15.    

Well, good luck.  Let us know how it goes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rats attacked my bunny rabbits Grimp 1 2,461 07-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Ram
  Best Hay for Rabbits? mora2000 3 3,149 05-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  Stimulating Toys for Rabbits Julie 1 2,385 03-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Last Post: 4sweed
  Why are most domesticated rabbits white? Ram 14 11,296 12-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Last Post: maddie