LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cadillac of Horses is the Peruvian Paso
05-20-2014, 09:07 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
Cadillac of Horses is the Peruvian Paso
I have had horses most of my life, and even though I am nearing 70 years old now, I still love watching horses.
My favorite horse is the Peruvian Paso. They are a gaited breed that is so smooth to ride that it is unbelievable. In fact, the Peruvian Paso is called "The Cadillac of Horses" by many people. When someone has an injured back, and can't ride a horse anymore, often they find that they can still ride on a Peruvian because they are so smooth and do not jar the rider like most other breeds of horses do.
If you watch in this video I am attaching, you will see that the riders barely bounce as the horse is moving, unlike most horses that have a very jolting trot.
One of the tests is to give the riders a wineglass, and at the end of the class, they see which horse and rider have the most wine left in the glass !

http://youtu.be/efGZWE4UUQU
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BLM is rounding up wild horses and killing them. Happyflowerlady 0 1,472 05-07-2014, 03:48 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady