LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charlie The Brave, Or Not
03-06-2013, 03:15 AM,
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
Star  Charlie The Brave, Or Not
On of the cats I had as a pet thought he was the biggest and bravest cat the world had ever seen.

He was always climbing up trees and telephone poles. He got up and down with no help from us or the fire department.

When I moved to the country there were more trees to climb and then he discovered the house roof. At first I would hear him crying but could not pinpoint his exact location. But he would reappear at night for his food and so I figured he had been up another tree.

Then one day we had to have limbs removed from a big old maple tree that was close to the side of our house. Charlie, had disappeared earlier that day and I figured the sound of the chain saws had kept him away.

That evening Charlie did not come in for his meal and I started calling for him. I hear him crying and went to see if I could locate him.

He was up on the back porch roof, which was only about 9 foot from the ground. I called to Charlie, saying just jump down. Charlie was smart and often had jumped down from furniture when asked too, so he new what jump mean't.

Putting on his brave big cat face he marched down to the edge of the roof and let out a big meow. Piece of cake, no big deal, he could jump.

Then Charlie, looked down. He backed up so fast he tripped over his own feet, while shaking his head as if to say, "No Way."

I had to go find a ladder to help my big brave puzzy cat down off the roof. It was hard going cause I was laughing so hard that tears were streaming from my eyes, and I could not see very well. Rofl

Do you have any big brave stories to tell? Please share them here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2013, 05:11 PM,
Yatte Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Charlie The Brave, Or Not
I have experienced the exact same thing with my cats after we moved to a new house. I suspect in the beginning their new surroundings tend to intimidate them, especial if the new place is bigger. They call for your help even in the most mundane situations, I believe this is just for some reassurance. It is like taking your fists steps into the big unknown. Its scary at first but gets better with time.
Find all posts by this user
04-09-2013, 12:30 PM,
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
RE: Charlie The Brave, Or Not
Thanks for sharing Yatte, cats can get into some of the worst spots just because of their claws. I have seen them high up in the tallest trees or sitting on the top of a telephone pole. Some how they always manage to get down by themselves.
A friend of mine who lives in the city claimed that his cat would go out the window of his apartment building and walk along a narrow ledge until reaching the fire escape stairs and then climb up them to the roof where he attemped to catch birds. Of course the neighbors complained to the landlord and he got in trouble for having a cat and for it's attemping to kill birds. He thought the whole idea was quite funny, but I felt bad cause he had to find a new home for his beautiful cat.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brave cat saves boy from attacking dog ! Happyflowerlady 3 2,597 07-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Last Post: sheena sihvonen