LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have a tile floor?
09-09-2012, 09:06 PM,
footballtim Offline

Threads: 10
Do you have a tile floor?
What I like about my tile floors is that whenever my cats get too warm, they can stretch out on the nice cool tile floor.

What I do not like is that my older cat sometimes likes to play chase with the younger cat. But she slips on the tile floor a lot, and sometimes goes flying across the apartment.

I will not get carpeting because it would get more expensive to cool this place off, and we would be too warm overall. I was considering a throw down rug.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2012, 11:31 AM,
Msmonkeyfeet Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Do you have a tile floor?
I only have tile in the bathroom and the kitchen but on very warm days and nights I can always find my older cat, Bunny, asleep on the bathroom floor. I can only assume it's because it's dark and cool in there. I know what you mean about sliding across the floor, my new kitten and Bunny are always chasing each other around and as soon as one of them comes in contact with the tile in the kitchen they seem to lose all braking ability and go flying across the floor. You may want to consider a throw rug here and there if your entire apartment is tile.
09-11-2012, 08:23 AM,
footballtim Offline

I do need a throw rug but I would probably have to put two-sided tape all over the bottom so it does not slide around. The young Bengal is able to run on the tile floor, but on the rare occasions that my older cat runs, she is the one who has trouble running on the tile floor.
09-17-2012, 11:03 AM,
ACSAPA Offline

Threads: 17
I have tile floors but my cat Dolores isn't really that hyper ,so the doesn't run and skid around on the tiles. She mostly lies down lazily on the floor and naps or watches things moving outside the windows. I have a fake sheepskin rug from IKEA that she lies down on in cold weather so that she doesn't have to sleep on the cold floor.
My cat is grouchy and lazy, I wouldn't like her as a person, but I still find her cute as a cat. Cats can get away with things that aren't cute when people do them.
09-17-2012, 11:53 AM,
Msmonkeyfeet Offline

Threads: 2
(09-11-2012, 08:23 AM)footballtim Wrote: I do need a throw rug but I would probably have to put two-sided tape all over the bottom so it does not slide around. The young Bengal is able to run on the tile floor, but on the rare occasions that my older cat runs, she is the one who has trouble running on the tile floor.

You can probably find no-slip mats to place under the rugs instead of using two-sided tape and risk leaving marks on your tile. My parents have hardwood flooring throughout most of their house and down one of the main hallways they have a long runner rug that they had to place a no-slip mat underneath because their 3 cats were always running around the corner and down the hall and pushing the carpet all over the place.
10-02-2012, 11:27 PM,
dashboardc33 Offline

You could use the throw rug in the winter time, but if your cats are playing that too may slide around. We have tile in our house and it is nice in the summer, but it gets pretty cold in the winter. Although, I would much rather have the tile in the kitchen than carpet. I have a toddler and messes and carpet do not mix well. I think the tile is a good mix with the house I live in. In fact, I do often see my dog spread out on the tile in the summer time to cool down.
10-11-2012, 11:57 AM,
sandooch Offline

Threads: 9
We only have tile flooring in our bathroom. The rest of the house is covered in wood flooring, which is pretty cool for them to lay on, too. The only problem is that when they get in their crazy, wild moods or sometimes fight with on another, they will leave claw marks in the floor. Thank God I found those pens for flooring that practically makes these scratches disappear. I love those pens and recommend them to anyone who has cat and wood flooring.
02-15-2013, 02:13 PM,
jacoblee Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
(09-11-2012, 08:23 AM)footballtim Wrote: I do need a throw rug but I would probably have to put two-sided tape all over the bottom so it does not slide around. The young Bengal is able to run on the tile floor, but on the rare occasions that my older cat runs, she is the one who has trouble running on the tile floor.

You can put rug pads under the rugs to prevent from from sliding. We have hardwood floors and they are very cold during winters so we rugs in all the rooms. My kitten plays and runs all the time in the living room so we have rug pads for hardwood floors in our living room.
02-16-2013, 03:08 AM,
scotty Offline

Threads: 11
I have a hardwood floor, and tile. I find that when it is warm the cats tend to hide in the bathtub and meow, to cool themselves down, and annoy me with their crying.

The funniest thing is watching them run on hardwood, as their little claws cannot get a grip, it is like old cartoons where you would see the characters running on the spot before they would run off!