LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you let your cats sleep in the room with you?
02-21-2013, 10:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013, 10:11 AM by wolfpacklovin.)
wolfpacklovin Offline

Threads: 3
Do you let your cats sleep in the room with you?
I used to let my cat sleep with me, but once I adopted another one and we moved into a new apartment. I decided it would be best to just let the cats have the living room because I knew they would be competing on who gets the rooms/closets. Plus I was worried the newer cat would pee in here, possibly.

Anyways, we just kind of stuck with not letting them sleep in here at night, just in the day. I feel kind of bad sometimes because they love being close to us, but it saves me from having allergies as bad. Plus, one of my cats gets SUPER cocky so my hubby and I have to check her sometimes.

It's funny because my husband is a Leo.... so we call him "top cat," and the cats know that he's dominant. They will try to take advantage of me ALL DAY, but when he's around; they back off. Kind of cracks me up. Rofl

She used to do the whole "come at me, bro" movements with my man when we first started living together, it was hilarious. I wish I would have video taped it. Such a dorky cat. hahahaha

Do you let your cats sleep with you?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2013, 01:48 PM,
ACSAPA Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Do you let your cats sleep in the room with you?
I take care of a rat terrier for a relative of mine that went senile, and he sleeps in bed with me.
He could be lying in his dog bed fast asleep, but if he hears me heading to my room to go to bed, he'll wake up and run to the room ahead of me. I don't know why being the first one to jump in bed is such a big deal to the dog.

My cat sleeps on the couch or on top of the pile of dirty laundry in the laundry basket.
The animals have the run of this place. I'm just their domestic staff that feeds them and cleans up after them.
02-27-2013, 03:00 PM,
ChanellG Offline

Threads: 1
(02-21-2013, 10:10 AM)wolfpacklovin Wrote: Do you let your cats sleep with you?

I take care of my mom's cats a couple days a week. They are so obnoxious that occasionally I have to lock them out of the part of the house where I sleep at night. They just want to rip and run up and down and wrestle. I'm always afraid they are going to disturb the person next door as well.

If I a not on the bed, and not busy at something, I let them sleep in my lap sometimes, but no pets are allowed on the bed.
03-02-2013, 01:00 AM,
dsperin Offline

Threads: 2
I would love it if my cat would sleep with me. Problem is, it has to be done on her terms. She wants to come and go as she pleases and I want the door shut. If I trap her in and make her stay with me she'll scratch in the middle of the night to get out or pace around in a very annoying fashion.
03-03-2013, 09:42 PM,
suzjbibby Offline

Threads: 4
Our cats have the run of the house and will sleep in a few prefered locations often on the foot of the bed or on the back of the lounge. They also like to curl up on the window sill on warm nights. My biggest problem at night is when they decide to have a wrestling match from one end of the house to the other
03-10-2013, 02:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013, 02:34 PM by 4sweed.)
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
Our Boots sleeps in my mom's bed. He of course thinks the bed is there just for him, and will often chase after her feet and bite them. Other times he lays at the foot of the bed looking like a royal king with us his servants at his beak and call. Other times he loves crawling under the covers and curling up in a ball and staying there for hours at a time.

I don't want him sleeping with me as I don't want cat hair all over my sheets.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2013, 06:44 AM,
GavinMcresty Offline

Threads: 0
Our cat used to sleep with us and in our bed if she wanted to. In winter, she would sleep on our feet. It was very warm for us. In the morning, she would come to wake us up because she wanted food. We did not mind (or even think about) any problems with hair. During the day, she tended to sleep elsewhere though. Sometimes she would sleep in front of a window (if it was sunny). At other times, she would sleep either in a storage room or in the basement/coal cellar. I think she liked those places because they were dark and quiet. No one except her was able to get into them! She might also have been catching mice there but I am not completely sure about that. I know she used to bring mice and leave them in the bed for a while but eventually she stopped doing that. I do not know whether she stopped catching them or just stopped bringing them to show us. She also used to hide under the bed occasionally. I don't think she was sleeping there though. I think she went there because she knew we could not reach her there.
04-07-2013, 07:05 PM,
trishgl Offline

Threads: 5
Our cats don't sleep in our room with us and neither do our dogs. We never encouraged them to stay in the bedroom nor did we run them out of it. We just made it a habit not to play with them inside the bedroom or give them treats there. Also we live in a family compound that's fenced in so they can run around in the garden. They typically love spending time outside and only come inside the house when it's time to eat or sleep.
04-09-2013, 05:12 AM,
scotty Offline

Threads: 11
I do.

My cats are very soft hearted, gentle cats. We let them sleep with us, and they tend to come and go as they please. Most nights however, when it gets to roughly bed time, the male cat will go jump into bed and sit and stare at us until we join him.

Once in bed, our girl cat will sleep up at our heads - usually on my boyfriends face! The male cat will snuggle up in between my feet and sleep there for the night.

Once the alarm goes off in the morning, both cats will walk up for cuddle time before I leave for work.
04-09-2013, 01:12 PM,
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
When Scotty said about one of their cats sleeping on her boyfriend's face, it reminded me of the bobcat my mother-in-law had as a pet. It would go to sleep at the foot of the bed and then in the night she would wake up unable to breath because the bobcat had curled up on her head. She finally had to lock him in another room for the night so she could sleep.
The bobcat was also potty trained. He would perch on the toilet seat and go. I often wondered if in the wild bobcats go in water to hide their tracks, so to speak. This cat was very friendly and enjoyed being held and petted just like a normal housecat.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2013, 10:57 PM,
Rube Offline

Threads: 10
If I do let my cat sleep in the bedroom he wants to find the warmest spot, which is on my face or under the bedclothes next to my body. I think it is better to provide a cat with a warm sleeping place of its own. Cats often sleep during the day and want to be active in the night. On the other hand, a cat can be good alternative to a hot water bottle:>
04-19-2013, 11:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2013, 11:33 PM by mariposa.)
mariposa Offline

Threads: 8
Our cat basically sleeps wherever she wants to sleep. :-) We don't prevent her from being on anyone's bed but most of the time she just jumps up there when it's time for breakfast or sometimes when a thunder storm is going on. If she's already snoozing on a bed when the humans climb in, she takes off. Lately she's started to pull the covers down from us when it's time for breakfast... must have caught on that doing it would be effective because it usually works for her.

(04-09-2013, 05:12 AM)scotty Wrote: My cats are very soft hearted, gentle cats. We let them sleep with us, and they tend to come and go as they please. Most nights however, when it gets to roughly bed time, the male cat will go jump into bed and sit and stare at us until we join him.

This made me smile. I definitely know that "stare" and we get it, too. Big Grin It's like "alright, people, you've been on that computer (or watching TV) long enough now... chop chop, it's time for some sleep!" If we don't respond fast enough, her next move is to plop herself right in front of (sometimes on top of) the keyboard. I know she knows that we can't type while she's there... I guess she thinks she's pretty clever!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How often should cats be fed? brianapaige619 13 5,124 06-25-2022, 08:25 AM
Last Post: jamesformtter55
  Raw Feeding Cats helaofthenorns 8 4,127 05-31-2022, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Gibbto
Photo My husband hates cats???? Meowmie 9 9,866 02-19-2021, 08:47 PM
Last Post: HemmyngsKylee
  Any Experience With Mouse Catching Cats? HillCritters 9 4,337 02-19-2021, 05:36 PM
  Cats in Cars Novelangel 12 5,481 02-19-2021, 05:34 PM
  How Many Cats Have You Ever Had At One Time? KittyReeves 21 9,913 02-19-2021, 05:31 PM
  Boiled fish for cats helaofthenorns 2 3,131 02-19-2021, 05:29 PM
  Cats Who Watch TV Novelangel 6 3,674 02-19-2021, 05:28 PM
  Does your cat sleep in bed with you? niightwind 15 10,403 02-19-2021, 05:24 PM
  Cats and Relaxing Sounds Novelangel 6 4,030 10-10-2016, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Loro
  Leash Cats: Doable? Bloomsie 14 6,040 08-24-2016, 06:04 AM
Last Post: rz3300
  How music affects cats Happyflowerlady 12 6,525 08-24-2016, 05:05 AM
Last Post: rz3300
  Some cats are stressed by being petted. Happyflowerlady 16 7,869 05-28-2016, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Novelangel
  De-clawing Cats nailah783 6 4,641 05-27-2016, 01:08 PM
Last Post: CatCuddler57
  Adopting two cats? mabatbai 6 5,030 04-18-2016, 02:09 AM
Last Post: remnant