LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you need to vacuum a lot?
09-11-2012, 07:04 PM,
footballtim Offline

Threads: 10
Do you need to vacuum a lot?
I need to vacuum more often than I do, and that includes dusting. If a few days go by without me vacuuming, there are clumps of cat hair everywhere because Tabitha (on your left) sheds hair a lot. I also have to clean my air conditioner filter once a week instead of once a month.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2012, 12:46 AM,
dashboardc33 Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Do you need to vacuum a lot?
I usually vacuum about once a week. However, my house could probably use a good vacuuming twice a week. However, it usually isn't because of the dog hair. It is usually my daughter dropping crumbs all over the house lol. My dog spends a lot of her time outside, however. If she was more of an inside dog, I may need to vacuum more often than I do.
09-17-2012, 11:58 AM,
Msmonkeyfeet Offline

Threads: 2
I have to vacuum at last once a week, if not more. My long haired cat leaves clumps of fur all over the place so that, combined with the messes my 7 year old son leaves and I'm looking at an awful lot of stuff to vacuum up throughout the week!
09-18-2012, 05:03 AM,
andrew320 Offline

Threads: 6
Between May and September, I have to sweep a lot because the cats shed and then grow their fall coat. It's awful because I have allergies and then sweeping it just heightens the allergies. A mask helps, but sometimes I forget. What's the worst, though, is when I find black cat hair in the bathroom and I can never clean it up. It's just as bad in the refrigerator because that can never be taken out.
09-19-2012, 05:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2012, 05:40 PM by sandooch.)
sandooch Offline

Threads: 9
With 3 cat and dark hardwood flooring throughout my home (thank God my poodle doesn't shed), I have to sweep daily to keep my floors looking good. Otherwise, I'd have tumble weeds of cat fur floating across my floor on a daily basis, especially this time of year. It helps if I'm consistent with using the Furminator brush on them, but I've been distracted with my fathers health and my husband's job loss recently, so I let that go and the fur is a flyin'. The best thing I ever did was invest in a Roomba vacuum cleaner. I is totally worth the cost, because it gets into places that my broom can't reach. I can't believe the amount of fur, dust and small debris this little vacuum picks up daily. I love it!
01-29-2013, 09:03 AM,
mz_angie1987 Offline

Threads: 0
I wouldn't say if I need to vacuum more often since I have an animal because I am acclimated to vacuuming everyday. As I was growing up, my mother taught me and my brothers to become neat freaks and that's why I am the way the I am. I do notice that when I vacuum there are always dog hairs in the vacuum. My poor dog sheds excessively and I don't know what to do about this matter. I've heard that it's normal and that it doesn't last forever but sure is taking forever for it to go away.
03-01-2013, 10:55 AM,
ACSAPA Offline

Threads: 17
My cat is a shorthair cat and doesn't shed that much. The dog that I take care of for a relative that went senile sheds constantly so I have to vacuum more often because of the dog, not the cat. I vacuum about every 3 days and use a lint roller on myself because my clothes get dog hair on them when I pick up the dog or when he sits on the couch with me.
05-24-2013, 11:24 PM,
cliverederson Offline

Threads: 5
My dog doesn't really shed, and I'm the only person living here at my house. I probably vacuum about every 2 weeks, but probably doing it a bit more frequently wouldn't hurt. I actually set reminders on my phone for things like vacuuming and changing the sheets, it can be easy to convince yourself that you just did it and it isn't time yet. It helps keep me on a schedule.
08-21-2013, 12:01 AM,
intothebleach Offline

Threads: 5
I have to vacuum daily as both my dogs are currently blowing their coats again. I know plenty of Malamute owners that go through vacuum’s on a yearly basis but I managed to get hold of a second hand Kirby off an auction site and so far it has been working well for 6 years. I just have to replace the belt and bags on it.
08-22-2013, 07:52 AM,
mommy42 Offline

I'm thankful that I don't have to vacuum a lot! My mini schnauzer doesn't really shed (which is one of the reasons we got him). I vacuum about once a week when it seems like the carpet starts to look like it needs a "lift". Smile

I do have to sweep my hardwood floors more often though as they seem to get dusty. But I don't think it is from my dog. For some reason wood floors seem to gather dust! I did get a Mint floor sweeper a couple of years ago. It is so nice to put it to work so to speak on the hardwoods. It scares my dog though so I try to start it when he goes outside. Smile but it soes a good job!

Sometimes I wish I had a rumba that would vacuum the carpet. But most of the carpet is in the upstairs bedrooms so that isn't too bad.
09-27-2013, 06:10 PM,
pftsusan Offline

Threads: 3
I have to vacuum once a week. Clean up after her and brush my cat. I love her uncondtionally. :-)
05-10-2014, 12:55 AM,
KittyReeves Offline

Threads: 20
I don't really have to vacuum an insane amount, since both of my cat are short hairs and don't shade all the much. I do have to vacuum the places the cats sit a lot (the arm chair and the one spot on the couch) but not everyday, more like once a week.

My step-mother however... Her cat is an extremely fluffy Maine Coon and she has to vacuum every single day. The cat jumps off a table and leaves a cloud of fur. The cat rubs on your leg, and then your pants have enough fur on it to make a new cat. O.o'
05-23-2014, 11:18 AM,
Francy Offline

Threads: 8
I have to vacuum everyday and sweep my hard wood floors every day as well. We have two dogs, one who sheds constantly and if I let a day go by then the hair is awful. I had to invest in a good quality vacuum that can stand up to the hair and the dirt that is brought in. If I didn't have dogs, I'd probably vacuum once a week.
07-25-2014, 06:56 AM,
forextraspecialstuff Offline

Threads: 0
I vacuum daily but I think I could get away with every other day. I do this because I am trying to stay ahead of any potential problems. I recently bought one of those vacuums that specifically states it is great for picking up pet hair and even though it was slightly more expensive I think it has been worth it.
07-28-2014, 04:20 AM,
evelynmcgregor Offline

Threads: 7
I do not vacumn as often as I should. I am elderly and have back and hip pain if I stand to long or push the vacumn cleaner. There is one short hair dog living in my house plus my longer haired yorki/shitzu mix. I brush her several times a day,, whenever she gets in my lap the brush comes out! That seems to help keep her hair in control and in the waste basket instead of on the carpet and floors. I used to vacumn every other day to keep things in control and not have "hair bunnies" under the furniture, beds and in the corners.
10-14-2014, 01:57 AM,
Danyel72 Offline

I swear I could vacuum my house 3 times a day and it wouldn't be enough. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats ( 4 kiddos as well Smile ) I vacuum in the morning and then once at night but there is still a lot of hair all over. It's actually just one of our pets that sheds so bad. Our dog, who is short haired. I swear when he shakes you can actually see the hair fly off of him. Sad

They keep me VERY busy!!

Danyel