LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You A Poop Picker Upper Or Not?
03-12-2013, 04:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013, 04:52 AM by 4sweed.)
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
Are You A Poop Picker Upper Or Not?
When your out walking you dog on the city or town sidewalks and your dog stops for his private moment to do his business, do you pick up the dog poop?
Picking up your dog poop is easy. Carry a few plastic grocery bags in your pocket. After the dog is done, simply put your hand into the bag and pickup the poop, then pull your hand up through the bag, still holding the poop and thus turning it inside out and the poo is in the bag. Knot the top and carry it home.

Lots of folks walk there dogs and leave the poop laying on the sidewalk or in someones yard. Do you think this is fair to others who come along and step in the poop, or fall because of it? Why do you think it is okay to leave it for someone else to have to pick it up?

I have seen piles of dog poop on our main street sidewalks in town. To think that someone is that discourtesy to leave big messes behind is disgusting. If you have never stepped into dog poop with your sneakers, I suggest you try it at home. Dog poop is very hard to remove without washing the whole shoe.

Would you personally want someone dumping dog poop in your yard?
What do you think about those that do not pick up their dog poop?

Please share your thoughts on this topic of doggy poop.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2013, 01:30 PM,
suzjbibby Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Are You A Poop Picker Upper Or Not?
When I am out with my dog I most certainly do clean up after them, as you say it's not hard to use a bag to pick up the waste then dispose of thoughtfully. I know I wouldn't like to have 'landmines' as my husband calls them to avoid as you are out walking. Fortunately we do have a very large yard at home and our dogs have chosen a back corner for their 'toilet' . I go out every other day or so and pick up the lumps with a shovel and dispose of those

In my opinion anyone who doesn't take care of their dogs waste is rather thoughtless and has little respect for others
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2013, 02:08 PM,
rdahl125 Offline

Threads: 1
I agree, if you're using a public path or a sidewalk, leaving your dog's waste where others have to encounter it is just rude. Even if it's off to the side where they might not necessarily step on it, the smell alone of some dogs' poop is quite a bother!
03-12-2013, 05:43 PM,
trishgl Offline

Threads: 5
I am definitely a poop picker. I have to agree that those that don't pick after their pets are not only disrespectful of others but irresponsible as well. When you choose a pet as a companion you take on all responsibilities associated with caring for it not just the playing and feeding parts. Would you leave your dog's poop laying around in your house? Why then would anybody think it would be ok leaving it on the street.
04-02-2013, 06:35 AM,
GavinMcresty Offline

Threads: 0
I always pick up. It is inconsiderate and annoying to leave it all over the place. In addition, it spreads various diseases. Some of them can be particularly dangerous for children and pregnant women. There is one (I am afraid that I have forgotten the name of it), which can endanger the unborn child. Less seriously, it is just very irritating to have to start trying to clean your shoe up if you happen to step in something. For some reason, there is always a lot of the stuff on a particular street outside the flat I live in. I am not sure why it is always there but I have ended up avoiding walking on that side of the road because of it. I suspect some of it might be from (wild) foxes but plenty of it is from pets. I think the main reasons people do not pick up are laziness and squeamishness. In my opinion, if you cannot handle cleaning up after your pet, then you should not have one at all! Clearing up the mess is just as much a part of pet ownership as the playing and cuddling. Even if you are squeamish about it, then there are "scooper" type things you can buy which are on a handle so you do not even have to be near it when you pick it up. There's no excuse!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DNA and Dog Poop? TreeClimber 1 2,221 05-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Kteabc
  Does Your Dog Eat Poop? haopee 9 3,945 10-03-2012, 03:21 AM
Last Post: pafjlh