LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gone over the Rainbow Bridge
08-26-2012, 12:38 AM,
pugskjj Offline

Threads: 19
Rainbow  Gone over the Rainbow Bridge
Bawling This week we lost a Chinchilla, we adopted him and was told he was older than 6 but not sure how much Gen068 We believe he died naturally as none of the others are sick and he wasn't displaying any signs of illness. So Harry, we love you and hope you have found a hayfield that you like.

Edited by Thor -
Reason - The poem has copyright on it, and it doesn't belong to this domain. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted materials. If you'd like to show the poem, you may provide a link to the original source.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2012, 02:20 AM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
RE: Gone over the Rainbow Bridge
Sorry for your loss. It is a part of a pet owner's life. Since we outlive most of the pets, we have to deal with pets passing away all the time.

Did you check with any vet? Only a vet can determine the cause of the death. Just because there was no visible sign, it didn't mean there wasn't any illness or even contagious disease.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2012, 11:24 PM,
Julie Offline

Threads: 8
Very sorry for your loss - the death of a pet can hurt very deeply. As Thor says, it's part of a pet owner's life.

The poem you shared is beautiful.

I lost 3 dogs in 18 months. Two of them were elderly - but the 3rd was only 5 years old.

Somebody sent me this poem and it helpd me:

Edited by Thor -
Ok people, lets please do not copy and paste copyrighted content from other sites.
09-20-2012, 05:02 AM,
sandooch Offline

Threads: 9
So sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Chinchilla. It is so heartbreaking to go through. As much as I hate to think of when that day will come with all 4 of my pets, I do tend to think about it from time to time (my cats are getting up in age) and my heart feels heavy with sadness just thinking about it. I hope your heart mends quickly. (((HUGS)))
09-20-2012, 09:54 AM,
themdno Offline

Threads: 0
Very sorry to hear about your loss, at least you still have all the good memories of him. The poems shared here were all very nice, they made me sad thinking about my pets who are no longer here. Spend some extra time with the rest of your chinchillas Smile
09-21-2012, 01:28 AM,
Sandra Piddock Offline

Threads: 0
If I can just make a suggestion, seeing as you seem to find comfort from poems - why not try to write a short verse about your lost pet? It doesn't have to be very literary, because only you will be reading it, but it's a good way to remember your pet, and perhaps raise a smile from half-forgotten moments shared.

I'm a freelance writer, and I occasionally write poems. Whenever we hear of the passing of a family member or a very close friend, I always sit down for an hour or so, think over my memories of them, and write a sonnet for their partner or parent. I then print it out with a nice border, and frame it. It's longer lasting than flowers, and it's more personal than a card, and the person left behind always says they draw comfort from it.

You needn't do a sonnet - unless you want to, but a short verse, or a journal entry about your memories can often help to process your feelings and begin to come to terms with your loss.
09-21-2012, 01:07 PM,
TreeClimber Offline

Threads: 37
I am sorry for your loss. It is never to lose the pets we love so dearly.

I remember when Sierra died I was beside myself. I found great comfort in sharing her story with others. I wrote about her on my blog and shared some of my favorite photos. Then, on Facebook I did a little photo album of her to share with my Facebook friends. It helped me to share what she had meant to me.

I hope you find comfort at this time. My thoughts are with you.
09-21-2012, 06:13 PM,
Nakhash Offline

Threads: 1
I know our pets rarely outlive us. The time they spend with us is precious and brief. We give them our time and love, caring for them like another member of our family, all the while knowing that we will probably have to deal with their loss. Even the years leading up to their death can be one of stress and worry as we deal with aging pets who need even more from us. And our greatest fear, that we'll have to decide to let them go intentionally to spare them further pain.

So you have my deepest sympathies as you deal with the loss of your pet. Hopefully, one day, we'll all be reunited with the pets we've lost. Their time with us is too brief.
12-04-2012, 03:48 AM,
Molly Offline

Threads: 4
The most tragic loss of a pet in our family was went I saw my family dog be hit by a car. I was eleven years old. I was walking my friend home and we didn't know that our dog got out of our house. So, I didn't see our dog until we got to a busy street and he was struck by a car. He was trying to cross ahead of me, as we are now convinced that he was not just following me but trying to protect and keep me safe.

From then on, we always checked to make sure our dogs were inside when we left, or made sure they are on a leash when we take them outside.

I think that this family dog of ours is in a special place in heaven.