Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my new infrared thermometer
02-22-2012, 09:40 AM,
Onyx Offline

Threads: 25
Got my new infrared thermometer
I absolutely love this little tool!

I currently keep 9 aquariums and recently bought new thermometers for each one. While buying them I decided to get one of the 'point and shoot' types as well so I can test the water temps quickly, and to check the thermometer readings for accuracy.

For me, it's the new "must have" for my fish room!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2012, 01:24 PM,
Monica9975 Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Got my new infrared thermometer
Hi,you look after your aquariums with great care.Many aquariums keepers only buy one thermometer which be put into the fish tank to measure the water temps.You must have kept aquariums for a long time,right?I'm a beginner on how to keep fish,maybe i can learn more from your experience lol.
02-22-2012, 06:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 06:14 PM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
(02-22-2012, 09:40 AM)OnyxGuide Wrote: I absolutely love this little tool!

I currently keep 9 aquariums and recently bought new thermometers for each one. While buying them I decided to get one of the 'point and shoot' types as well so I can test the water temps quickly, and to check the thermometer readings for accuracy.

For me, it's the new "must have" for my fish room!

You have more aquariums than me. I have only 4.
I had gone cheap on my thermometers. 3 of them came from Walmart. 1 came with a heater. I don't even know which one is the most accurate. Even at the Walmart, all these thermometers display different temperatures!

I don't even know where to buy accurate thermometers! Where did you get yours? Huh
Oh, and since you have so many fish tanks, would you be so kind to show off some of your best ones? Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-22-2012, 09:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 09:30 PM by Onyx.)
Onyx Offline

Threads: 25
Sure, I'll get pictures tonite when I get off work. Im heading out to start my day right now- I bought my thermometers from kensfish forum, the ones that submerge but have a magnet in the front (outside) of the tank . That way I dont have to worry about glass ones bobbing around and possibly breaking.

I like the infrared one (eBay, $14.00) because it gives an immediate, accurate reading so I can keep an eye on how the thermometers work. It helps a LOT!

kensfish is a website, not a forum- oops! And Monica, I'll help where I can but Im sure there are other great 'fish' people here as well. I'm glad you're looking into having fish; they are awesome and very rewarding!
02-22-2012, 10:23 PM,
Monica9975 Offline

Threads: 8
Thank you!I wil search that website,meanwhile get some imformation about which fish are easy to keep from others' experience through this forum.I will be happy if you can share your experience about keeping fish,including the difficulties and the funny things.