Post photos and/or videos of your freshwater aquarium(s) here!
Please post in the following format
1. Photos and/or videos of your aquarium (Must have it)
2. Tank size
3. How long have you had this aquarium
4. fish species in there
5. Other equipments - filters, heaters, etc.
6. Water conditioner
7. Fish food you use
1. 10 gal no background yet. (my betta didn't like the first one.) and a half gallon (it was my first one)
2. about 3 months now for the 10 gal, about a year and a half or so for the other.
3. 2 betta (the other betta is in a separate tank,), 2 Neon tetras, 1 Otocinclus, 1 ghost shrimp.
4. 2 heaters (one is for my half gallon), filter, thermometer, Ph alert, Ammonia alert, ornements (bridge cave and some really pretty plants...>,< for the ten gallon, cant fit much in the half gal.) I just got a gravel vacuum, woot!
6. betta/tetramin and some sort of betta flakes. I also have blood worms ^_^
7. I don't have any videos of my tank unfortunately I don't have a video camera. T_T but I can tell you about my fish ^_^
The first fish I got was my blue male betta, Takuto, I had him in the half gallon for about a year and three months or so, till I got the 10 gal. I did a lot of research on what goes well with bettas and found that my second favorite fish was one of them, the neon tetra. I got two of them to start out, just to make sure they worked well with Takuto and found that he didn't really care. My neons are both male, their names are Hiruko and Yuna. I found that the bottom of the tank was getting gross and found the perfect shrimp for the job, my ghost shrimp.. his name is Shrimp.. (I know totally original right? pfft.) after a while I found that I was getting some algae in my tank, I had thought that ghost shrimp ate algae, apparently they do, but not very much, so I researched some fish I could get and kept finding plecos. (I did not want a pleco cause they grow to like 6" to a foot long) then I went to the store to see what they had to say, and found Oto, my Otocinclus who is now my algae eater.
You're probably wondering "she said she had two bettas, what about the other?" Well I'll tell you, I found that my half gallon was not being used and I had all the stuff for it so, I bought Athena my Female betta (she's very veeeery pretty, she's got purple, blue, red and silver not to mention her scales have a striped pattern to them which is super cool) anyway she's now in my half gallon, since I've taken care of Takuto in that tank for a year or more, I figured I'd have no problem taking care of her in the same tank he'd been in. so those are my fish, and if I find anything wrong with my tanks you can be sure I'll ask. (just try not to bite my head of when I do, I've had to many people do that when I ask questions)
I've had Thor for one year and Nitro for 2 years. They both have their own 5 gal Hex 5 tank with filtration, and heater. They don't like much water movement so this filtration system works great because it has a gentle flow. I also have a sponge on the intake part of the filter so it won't harm their fins if they decide to rest against it. I think my tanks are cycled, through trial and error. I always use API Stress Coat and API Quick Start when doing my weekly partial water changes.
I have a moss ball in each tank plus silk plants. I find that Betta's love to hang in plants close to the surface for resting places. Thor has a bridge he sleeps under and Nitro has a ceramic log he goes in at night.
I never turn the aquarium light on because they don't like it very much. Just natural sun light coming in the room, which is plenty because I live in Florida!
Their food is from Hikari~ Pellet Food
Snacks are Frozen thawed Bloodworms and frozen thawed Brine Shrimp maybe twice a week.
03-23-2015, 07:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2015, 07:40 AM by svbriggs.)