LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hand feeding a frog
08-13-2012, 04:23 AM,
writer811 Offline

Threads: 10
Hand feeding a frog
I like to feed my clawed frog by hand (Partly because the food needs to be moving for him to notice but mostly because it's adorable). He eats flies and reptile pellets. I use my fingers to move the pellets so they catch his eye and he'll come up and take it from me. Does anybody else do this with their fish or amphibians? Also, please no video requests. I mentioned in another thread that I don't know how to get pictures and video onto a computer and I can't see myself figuring it out anytime soon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2012, 10:01 AM,
laurasav Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Hand feeding a frog
I haven't had a pet frog before. When I was a kid I had a few pet turtles. I was heartbroken when my brother's dog picked up my favorite turtle and bit through his shell, killing him. I love frogs though. We get frogs and toads up from the lake sometimes. I've never kept one as a pet since they're used to living in the "wild" around here. If I had kids though I'd probably let them keep one of these frogs or toads, at least for awhile.
I like how you interact with your frog while feeding it. Pretty cute! Tongue
It would be great to SEE it, but I understand about not being computer savvy! I'm not either! Undecided
09-06-2012, 07:15 PM,
Julie Offline

Threads: 8
Well, hand feeding of frogs is a new one to me. We used to catch frogs, newts and toads as kids but dad only allowed us to observe them for an hour or so. At school we had tadpoles (I think I was 6 years old) and I found those very cute. But I can't remember if we hand fed them. I'd never realised that there could be such interaction between humans and frogs.
09-17-2012, 12:09 PM,
Msmonkeyfeet Offline

Threads: 2
I use to have one of those aquatic frogs and I would hold the pellets underwater between two fingers and she'd eat them from my fingers. It was pretty cute while she lasted. Unfortunately she met an untimely end one day while I was cleaning her tank and she accidentally landed on the floor without me noticing and I stepped on her. I was crushed (no pun intended!)
02-11-2013, 05:10 AM,
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
A friend of mine in Florida had a giant exotic toad as a pet. It was as big as a dinner plate. It was know as (Bufo marinus). This toad needs to be handled with care as it secretes a toxic substance that can burn your eyes and irriate your skin. If eaten it could kill a dog or cat. It seems to be another of those exotic creatures that are over running the State of Florida. He had pictures of it eating spagetti, as well as, eating worms and bugs. Anyways I am sharing a link to a website that tells all about this toad, as well as, native frogs. We had lots of native turtles (Box), in our yard. The box turtle males and females, can be identified by looking at their undershell. If it has a shallow indented area toward the back it is a male turtle. The underside on a female is smooth. Check out this link it will give you some interesting facts that you might not know about frogs and toads.
http://www.wec.ufl.edu/extension/wildlif...arinus.php
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My pond fish are disappearing - is it the frog? Kari 5 5,658 10-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Last Post: cyberpuppet