• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello From Maryland
10-01-2013, 05:33 AM,
TimmyH6 Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
Hello From Maryland
Hello,

My name is Tim and I am new to "Pets Keepers" Guide. I came across this forum while looking for sites that interest me.

I am the owner of one dog named Sugar at the moment. She is a mix of German Sheppard and beagle. Her mom, Spunky, was a pure bred beagle who had three litters of puppies. The first and third sets were pure bred while the middle was mixed. In all, Spunky, had 19 puppies. We gave 18 of them away and they are all in safe homes with nice owners. After the final litter, I had to have Spunky spayed, because I was getting too attached to each new one.

I grew up on a farm around pigs, chickens, horses, dogs, cats, goats and cows. We used to have pet frogs, turtles and anything else that we were allowed to keep and so did many of our friends. We had a dog and cat named Pup and Kitty that got along like sisters. I can still see them sleeping together in front of our old wood stove.

One of the things that I do is pet sit for my family and friends when they go out of town. This has included dogs, cats, hermit crabs, goats, mules, birds and fish.

I still live in the country and get a kick out of animals. I love to watch the squirrels, rabbits and deer roam around the place. Sugar has gotten so used to them that she doesn't even bother to chase. It is also nice to hear the birds chirping in the morning.

I look forward to communicating on this site and hope to learn and maybe teach a little while I'm here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2013, 01:59 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
RE: Hello From Maryland
Hello Tim, welcome to the forum. Welcome

Are you still having Spunky and one of her puppies? If so, please share the photos with us. Smile

Look forward to see you in the discussions.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-05-2013, 06:27 AM,
TimmyH6 Offline
Registered

Unfortunately, Mom passed away last winter and Sugar is now alone. She is handling it okay, but I do think that there are times when Sugar misses having Spunky around.

I'm going to have to get in touch with my sisters and niece and see if I can scrounge up some pictures. Maybe I can get in touch with some of the puppy owners. They used to send us Christmas cards and pictures, but we have not gotten any lately.

Thanks for the reply and hopefully I can post something here soon.
11-30-2013, 04:17 PM,
taylo1420 Offline
Registered

Hello and welcome to the big community Tim.