LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is a short story about my favorite Wren.
03-18-2014, 10:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2014, 11:06 AM by kindredsoul.)
kindredsoul Offline

Threads: 4
Here is a short story about my favorite Wren.
I live in Las Vegas, Nevada, and if you have ever looked at the Weather Channel and checked out our summers, you would know that it gets pretty hot out here. Well, I was walking in a park in the afternoon and it was around 100 degrees. I then noticed a baby wren on the sidewalk frying in the heat. I was horrified. I know that you are supposed to leave the birds alone, but I did not see his mother. I couldn't leave and so I just walked a few feet away and waited for the mother to return. After fifteen minutes, I couldn't bear watching him in agony. I swooped him into my shirt and carried him home. I taught "Wren" how to fly. I would put him on my arm and coaxed him to jump off. He loved hopping and following me around my house.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2014, 08:47 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: Here is a short story about my favorite Wren.
Wrens are wonderful little birds, and I love listening to them. They have a way of repeating the same "word" sound over and over 4-5 times in a row. Then they stop, wait a minute and start it over again. After they have repeated the same word for several of the repeat sessions; they usually change words, and then start repeating that word.
They seem to be friendly little birds as well. We lived in a trailer house out in the country, and in the summer, when we had the door and windows open, the wrens would take a shortcut in through the bathroom window, across the hall, and then out the back door on the other side of the trailer.
Sometimes they actually flew into the living room, and landed on the curtains, and then they would peer around the house for a bit, and then fly back out again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do pets know they are your favorite? Corzhens 3 2,619 07-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Last Post: CatCuddler57
  A sad pet story remnant 0 2,438 03-06-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: remnant
  Share your story about how you got your pet. kindredsoul 6 3,344 09-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Last Post: helaofthenorns
  A short story of someone who lost her dog. kindredsoul 0 2,040 03-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Last Post: kindredsoul